ii. Rules and Regulations
1. The Party Room may be reserved only by a valid Facilities Pass holder and only for private events.
2. Reservation requests shall be accepted on a first-come, first-served, space available basis. Rentals are limited to one event per day unless prior written approval is given by the Site Manager. Reservation requests shall be logged by the Business Office Staff and marked on a calendar maintained in the Business Office.
3. The valid MLMA Facilities Pass holder whose name is on the rental application ("Applicant") MUST be present throughout the entire event, which includes the pre-event and post-event inspections. The Applicant (and Master Association Lot Owner, if the Applicant is a tenant) is responsible for the conduct of the guests and is liable for all damages including any amount exceeding the security deposit. If the Applicant is not present for the pre- inspection, the rental reservation will be cancelled. If the Applicant is not present at any time during the event for which the rental reservation was made, the rental will be cancelled, all guests will be required to vacate the Community Center and the Applicant may lose the privilege of renting the Party Room for a period of up to two years.
4. The Applicant is responsible for all exclusive rented areas, Party Room and kitchen, and may be held responsible for usage areas which include the foyer and restrooms. The Party Room is rented "furnished"; none of the furniture is to be removed without prior written approval of the Site Manager or other personnel designated by the Board. At no time shall the large screen television be moved.
5. Applicants may only submit one rental Application at a time and will not be eligible for a second rental until the first rental has concluded or been cancelled.
6. All exclusive rental areas, Party Room and kitchen, must be returned to pre-rental condition. If the party is held during the closed hours of the community center, then the foyer and restrooms must be returned to pre-rental condition.
7. Trash and recyclables must be secured and taken out to the designated dumpsters. Clean plastic trash bags will be provided by the Master Association, and must be used in all trash cans during the event. Use of paper bags or boxes to discard trash is prohibited.
8. The kitchen is available for use including the refrigerator, microwave, stovetop and oven.
9. Smoking is permitted on the rear deck only with use of the cigarette urns located on the deck.
10. All exclusive area floors, kitchen and Party Room, must be swept and damp mopped. If the party is held during the closed hours of the community center, then the foyer and restroom floors also must be swept and damp mopped.
11. There must be clear access to all emergency exits at all times. During Pre-Inspection, the staff will make known to the Applicant the location of the fire exits and fire extinguishers. The Applicant is responsible for knowing the proper use of the fire extinguishers.
12. Decorations are permitted on tabletops and balloons must be tied to chairs or weighted on table tops. Absolutely nothing, with no exception, is permitted on the ceiling fans. No decorations are permitted on walls, doors, or wooden frames unless secured with the use of '3M Removal Strips'; this is the only approved product for use on the walls, doors, and wooden frames. All decorations installed on any walls, doors or wooden frames that cause damage will result in loss of the security deposit.
13. Excessive noise, abusive or unacceptable behaviors resulting in complaints may result in an immediate cancellation of your event and the right for future parties may be revoked. The Fairfax County Noise Ordinance will be enforced.
14. Music must be kept at a moderate level. The Party Room doors and windows, including doors to the outside deck, must remain closed at all times. Music is not allowed outside and may not be amplified from the interior of the Party Room to the exterior. Live Bands and DJs MUST cease playing by 11:00 PM within closed doors and windows. Stereo equipment may continue to play at a moderate level until 12:30 AM within closed doors and windows. If decorations, auxiliary lights or sound equipment are contemplated for use during the reserved time, the Association shall be notified at least three days in advance of the reservation date. The Master Association reserves the right to inspect the decorations or equipment by representatives of the Fairfax County Fire Department or a licensed electrician. Any fee for such inspection shall be paid by the applicant.
15. The Applicant and his/her quests shall not congregate outside the Center at any time during or after the event.
16. The Applicant is expected to request that event attendees leave the premises in a quiet and orderly fashion. No shouting or loud behavior in the parking lot is acceptable. The Applicant and all event attendees are required to observe all County, State and Federal laws, ordinances and codes, including noise ordinances and obtain all appropriate licenses including, but not limited to, a license from the VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF ALCOHOL BEVERAGE CONTROL if required. A copy of any required license must be provided to the Business Office at least two business days prior to the event. The Master Association shall not be liable for the Applicant's failure to obtain the proper licenses. The Applicant shall not charge attendees any fees of any sort for admission, food, alcohol or any other service to include products, political donations or cash bars. The Applicant, by submission of the Application, agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Master Association, the Board and directors, Master Association officers and the Master Association Management Agent for any claims, damages or costs that arise from the Applicant's failure to obtain the proper license. Under Virginia law, failure to obtain the requisite alcohol license may result in criminal prosecution.
17. If the Applicant is a Bride/Groom who is sponsoring their own reception, the Applicant must designate a responsible person to represent them for the "pre" and "post" inspections of the facility if they will not be available.
18. All events must end, with clean-up completed, and the Community Center vacated no later than 1:00 AM on Friday and Saturday, and no later than 10:00 PM on Sunday through Thursday.
19. In the event the nature or purpose of an event changes from that listed on the Application, the Applicant is responsible for notifying the Site Manager or other personnel delegated by the Board through an updated Application for re-approval. Any additional rental fees must be included with the submitted Application.
20. Any damage(s) noted from an event will be itemized and funds deducted from the security deposit.
21. Applicants may use the tables and chairs provided by the Master Association. Tables and chairs brought in by an outside vendor may be delivered the day of the event and must be picked up no later than 11:00 AM the following day.
22. A designated Master Association representative is permitted, but not obligated, to attend all events and functions only in a manner to ensure compliance with the Master Association rules and regulations including, but not limited to, this Resolution.
23. An Applicant reserving the Party Room shall neither advertise the event being hosted at the Community Center nor charge persons attending the event at the Community Center.
24. The number of persons in attendance at events held in the Party Room is limited to 80.
25. All gambling, including the playing of bingo, is prohibited in the Party Room unless games are conducted by a "qualified organization" as defined in Section 18.2- 340.22 of the Code of Virginia.
For the purpose of this Resolution, "bingo" shall be defined as: A specific game of chance played with (i) individual cards having randomly numbered squares, (ii) electronic devices that display facsimiles of bingo cards and are used for the purpose of marking and monitoring players' cards as numbers are called, or (iii) cards for which prizes are awarded on the basis of designated numbers on such cards conforming to a predetermined pattern of numbers selected at random.
26. Master Association Lot Owners remain liable for the use of the Community Center by the Lot Owner's tenants, guests, invitees, licensees, employees or agents.
27. Non-compliance with any of the above rules will result in a loss of security deposit.
28. The Site Manager will recommend to the Board when exceptions to the above rules are deemed necessary.
29. Anyone or any organization found not to be in compliance with this Resolution will have their event canceled and future use of the Community Center will be restricted and security deposit will not be returned.